A destination resort has the complexity of a small city where all the elements must come together to make it a success. We take the inspiration for our projects from what makes their locations unique.
When commissioning an architect to design a new destination hotel project, developers should look out for several key factors in their designers:
- Designers must have a strong understanding of the destination and local culture,
- The design should be unique and iconic reflecting the destination’s character and offering a memorable experience for guests,
- Surrounding environment, local climate are key design factors, the evolved design must integrates seamlessly with the natural surroundings,
- Designers awareness of global & regional hospitality trends, status of competition in the region will keep you ahead of competition,
- Hotel’s layout should allow for flexibility and adaptability to changing trends,
- Sustainability and environmentally conscious design principles
- Effective communication, humility, agility, rapid response, project management skills and ability to work effectively with contractors, consultants, and stakeholders are key personal traits of seasoned designer.
- Thorough understanding of the hotel operation especially Back of House, hotel admin and the ability to design for operational maintenance.